Make your English Longbow more authentic with these beautiful fully finished polished horn tips.
Most are solid black or have a small amount of mixed brown color in them. They are made from a solid piece of Water Buffalo horn and are pre drilled and ready to install with either super glue or 5 minute epoxy. Each set includes an upper nock with 2 grooves and 1 lower nock. These nocks are available in the Half Hook, which is the more traditional style.
Instructions for installation are included.
English Horn tip install instructions:
Read completely before starting!
1. On the horn tips measure the depth of the hole with a toothpick and mark it onto the bow tip.
2. Also measure the width of the opening. The size may vary slightly from piece to piece. Now use the measurements to mark the depth and width onto the bow tips.
3. Carve or sand the tip of the bow to the same shape and length as the hole in the Horn tip. Make sure the bow tip will fit all the way to the end of the hole but is slightly loose in the hole. Tight fitting bow tips will crack the Horn tips. Rough up the wood bow tip and scratch the inside of the horn tips with a knife. This will give the glue something to grab.
4. Fill the inside of the horn tip ¼ of the way up with epoxy or super glue and apply
glue onto the tip of the bow. In a circular motion Screw the horn tip onto the limb tip. Screwing the tip on will help reduce air pockets and spread the glue evenly. Tape the horn tips in place until the glue cures. Again, the tips of the bow must be slightly loose in the horn tip holes because over sized bow tips will crack the horn tips.
5. After allowing the glue to cure fill the remaining gaps around the openings of the horn tips with more glue. It is important to not allow any air pockets or gaps to remain open. Air pockets and gaps will weaken the tips and can possibly cause a failure.